Thursday 3 July 2014

CarTrade.com: Honda Consumer Auction

After the two months the score was zero. All I had found was the reasons of not registering, I was not being able to convince any of the dealers to register. Product also wasn't beneficial for dealers so that they buy or register. So the company launched a new auction which was Honda Consumer Auction in third week of october. In that auction consumers (dealers) can buy that cars which comes in exchange of new cars from new car dealers. It was already going on informally used car dealers were already buying the exchanged cars from new car dealers.

I found this auction OK & finally something good for me. I took a sigh of relief & I thought I can open my account with it but in that too I wasn't shown the whole picture. In marketing it is the rule that you have to show only the benefits of the product to sell it but I feel you should also know the side effects of the product so you can cover them up nicely. In my case clients used to show me the side effects of my product. So I use to silently listen them & use to agree with them. If I knew those things earlier then I would have prepared counter of that to cover it up but my company has some other plans with me. Every day I used to come up with a new side effect from a dealer & it went till the end of October.

This auction also brought 'Ek Villain' of my journey & that was Relationship Manager of my region. Every story have atleast one villain & the villain of my story has arrived with this Honda Consumer Auction. I have to report him daily & he was totally a nut. In the begining he gave me the format in which I have to prepare my daily report & when I started reporting he said your format of report is not proper. I didn't 'invented' that format, you gave me that format. In first week he started getting on my nerves & I was in constant touch with Hiren sir & I use to tell him everything about that nut.

A seminar was arranged for the dealers in the end of october to present that new Honda Auction. So couple of days before the seminar that nut told me invite the dealers by personally visiting them but 2 hours later he told me to stop visiting & start calling. So I did that but to prove that he was really a nut after one & half hour again he called me & said stop calling & start visiting. He touched the height of my patience that day, it was really frustrating day for me. Moreover it was the time of diwali the boom period in every market & industry & most awaited period for every one to earn some money. So the dealers were not really interested in attending it. I feel it was the worst time for any kind of seminar but it happened. AVP of our comany & head of Honda came to give that presentation & very few dealers attended that seminar. It turned out to be a good seminar for me atleast as Hiren sir there said everything to AVP about the behaviour of RM with me. It was an eventful end to an october.

November passed pretty quickly. First ten days passed into the holidays of diwali & remaining twenty days passed in getting the mood of business after that long break. It felt like straight away december has arrived after october. The score was still zero after three months. So that nut RM was behind me like anything. He used to get my on nerves every now and then but the water went over my head when on one december morning he abused me. On that day the way he talked with me like he has bought me against that salary they are paying to me. I was literally thinking of changing the job as soon as possible but thanks to Hiren sir again who took that matter to HR department & HR head shown him his limits. I feel god was watching that I was making some serious efforts & he helped me there through Hiren sir. Finally in the other half of december I found the market where dealers were purchasing banks repossessed cars & in that market some of the dealers were already our customers. So that was the actual target market for me. I visited those old customers, took refrences from them & visited new dealers in that area & finally I found a customer who was interested in registering on our website for the bank auctions.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment